Heavenly Recipe: Delicious Baked Apples in 3 Ingredients

This month has had us at my grandfather's house in NY - the apple capital, and he just so happens to LOVE baked apples. In my desire to make him lots of yummy food while here, I also want to make it nutritious for him as well - SO, baked apples sounded great for a healthy dessert! I took a picture here of my pre-baked apples and will tell you the simple recipe that I came up with that my grandfather fell in love with and that took him back to his childhood. 🍎🍎🍎
First, I washed and cored organic Gala apples. So as you can see by the picture, there will be a well in the middle of the apple after the core is removed. In this well, you put 1 tablespoon of organic butter and 1 tablespoon of organic brown sugar. Now, you can stop here or add whatever else you like to the middle of these beauties! I also generously topped the apples with cinnamon and/or nutmeg and then on the right row of apples in the picture, I stuffed in some coconut which my Papa loves and I try to put in any dessert I can for him! He had never had coconut in a baked apple before (neither have I) BUT, it was thankfully a success and turned out deliciously! Whew! You can also stuff in some chopped nuts of choice as well if you like...or fill it with fresh berries. The kids can help stuff the apples too, which is always fun for them to do. There are so many options to this very healthy and surprisingly satisfying dessert AND it's gluten free! After all the apples are cored and stuffed with goodies, pop them in the oven at 375 degress for 1 hour. They will be perfectly soft and ready to be the grand finale to your next dinner - and they couldn't be easier! (*Pair warm apples with a healthy vanilla ice cream for a real special treat!!!*)
So I hope this heavenly recipe is something you and your family can enjoy together as much as my
family has and it's so nice to know that desserts can be healthy, delicious, and simple all at the same time!  
                           ~Buon "Appletito"! 🍏

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Haynes Family Prayer Letter - October 2018

Senses Secured

Self Discovery