Nailed To The Cross

Rise and Shine for Jesus! \O/

By Pam Iannello (my late mother)
A ministry of New Beginnings Baptist Church @ www.nbbconline.com

What was it that held Christ to the cross?  There have been many opinions held down through the ages.  Nevertheless, the scriptures stand true to the real answer...

It was not because Jesus was friendless...

Matthew 26:53 (KJV)
Thinkest thou that I cannot now pray to my Father, and he shall presently give me more than twelve legions of angels?

It was not human weakness...

John 10:18 (KJV)
No man taketh it from me, but I lay it down of myself.  I have power to lay it down, and I have power to take it again.  This commandment have I received of my Father.

No, it was much deeper than that! 

It was our sin...

1 Peter 3:18 (KJV)
For Christ also hath once suffered for sins, the just for the unjust, that he might bring us to God, being put to death in the flesh, but quickened by the Spirit.

1 John 3:5 (KJV)
And ye know that he was manifested to take away our sins; and in him is no sin.

It was a Savior's love...

John 13:1 (KJV)
Now before the feast of the passover, when Jesus knew that his hour was come that he should depart out of the world unto the Father, having loved his own which were in the world, he loved them unto the end.

1 John 3:16 (KJV)
Hereby perceive we the love of God, because he laid down his life for us:  and we ought to lay down our lives for the brethren.

Galatians 2:20 (KJV)
I am crucified with Christ:  nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me:  and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.

It was resignation to God's will...

Matthew 26:42 (KJV)
He went away again the second time, and prayed, saying, O my Father, if this cup may not pass away from me, except I drink it, thy will be done.

Mark 14:36 (KJV)

And he said, Abba, Father, all things are possible unto thee; take away this cup from me:  nevertheless not what I will, but what thou wilt.

Luke 11:2 (KJV)
And he said unto them, When ye pray, say, Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name.  Thy kingdom come.  Thy will be done, as in heaven, so in earth.

It was loyalty to an eternal purpose...

2 Timothy 1:9 (KJV)
Who hath saved us, and called us with an holy calling, not according to our works, but according to his own purpose and grace, which was given us in Christ Jesus before the world began.

Titus 1:2 (KJV)
In hope of eternal life, which God, that cannot lie, promised before the world began.

Revelation 13:8 (KJV)
And all that dwell upon the earth shall worship him, whose names are not written in the book of life of the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world.

Ladies, would you say you are fastened as firmly to the purposes of God as Christ was??  Are you truly "nailed" to the cross, or just a spectator of sacrifice?  What evidence can be found in your life that proves you have been pierced through with a genuine, heartfelt concern for people? 

John 20:19-21 (KJV)
Then the same day at evening, being the first day of the week, when the doors were shut where the disciples were assembled for fear of the Jews, came Jesus and stood in the midst, and saith unto them, Peace be unto you. [20] And when he had so said, he shewed unto them his hands and his side. Then were the disciples glad, when they saw the Lord. [21] Then said Jesus to them again, Peace be unto you: as my Father hath sent me, even so send I you.

John 20:25 (KJV)
The other disciples therefore said unto him, We have seen the Lord. But he said unto them, Except I shall see in his hands the print of the nails, and put my finger into the print of the nails, and thrust my hand into his side, I will not believe.

Our heavenly Father knows that unbelievers demand proof.  Hence, the Lord sends all His children the same way He sent Christ - with infallible evidence to show them. People must see "the print of the nails" in our lives; they must experience the personal touch of Christ’s features through our testimony - otherwise, we may hinder them from believing Jesus is who we say He is!  Likewise, even believers battle with doubts about God from time to time. When our faith wavers, all we have to do is take another long look at the cross and the blessed hands of our Savior to be reminded of the reasons why Jesus didn't come down! Perhaps your heart needs a firm fastening today...  Inspect your life for infallible evidence of the same steadfast character traits of the One who loved you and died for you. Make sure you are "nailed" to the cross and that it shows!   

God Bless,
Pam
Isaiah 60:1&2
Copyright 2001 Pamela A. Iannello

Revised 2004

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Haynes Family Prayer Letter - October 2018

Senses Secured

Self Discovery