Clint Is Here!

Hello! I bring wonderful news and big blessings to this post!
To those of you that prayed for the birth of our son Clint, thank you very, very much.


Clarke is thrilled with his new brother!!!

I will try to keep all the details in the right order and as to the point as possible as so much has happened since last writing...

First of all, the church in FL that sent out the email about helping us to raise funds, was much appreciated and we are thankful for their efforts and for the dear sister that receives Rise and Shines, that responded and helped as well.  I had found a midwife in AL that was about an hour away and at my fist visit with her at 35 weeks, she had a home birth kit that someone didn't need and she gave it to me! What a blessing that was, since we didn't have the money for one.

 She then told me at about 36 weeks that she had too many babies due when I was and didn't think that she would be able to make it in time for my delivery being that far away, even though I told her that I now would have been able to pay her a portion of what she was charging. The midwife then texted me later and told me she didn't know why she didn't think of it before, but that there was a midwife right in the city where we are (nameless because of legality issues here in AL regarding midwifery) and she called her for me and told her my situation and gave me her number.

 I then spoke with the new midwife that same day and she said she would take me even though now I was at 37 weeks! What an answer to prayer, because I had called and called so many places and thought of so many different options and no one would take me that late in the game, but I still knew that somehow, some way God would answer this need. I had been praying for a midwife for quite some time and it was getting pretty stressful as I felt closer and closer to delivery. Let's just say, God delivered one right in the nick of time! 

However, one problem still remained even with this new midwife and that was the money! When I spoke with my new midwife of her fee, she said because I was coming to her basically for just the delivery, she would give me an $800 discount! Which was definitely a blessing, but still way out of our budget. I was in tears as I texted her and had to tell her thank you, but no thank you, because we just can't afford her services right now and I will just call her for a post partum visit. She then asked what we could afford and I told her that we were missionaries and of the church in FL that was helping us to raise the funds and an idea of what we could pay her which was still only 1/4 of her fee! It is so humbling to have to tell people of your situation sometimes, but I know the Lord uses these things for His glory, as He did. The Lord amazingly opened her heart to us and she said she would accept whatever funds were raised as payment! I was in tears again, but this time of thankfulness and relief! I went on to have 2 prenatal visits with her before the birth of our son. 

The morning of September 4th, at 4:45am, I was awakened by my water breaking. I felt a poke by baby Clint and then my water broke! So I went into the bathroom shower here at the prophet's chamber and immediately went into labor and delivered him there in the shower. He was born at 6:45am (just 2 hours later, thank the Lord) just as my children were waking up and they got to wake up to a new brother! We then called the midwives and they came over and checked us all out and got us all cleaned up and taken care of so beautifully! It was exactly the way I had wanted this birth to be and the Lord gave it to me so graciously! Clint Iannello Haynes weighed in at 9 lbs 4 oz and 21" long! A very healthy little boy and he and I are both doing very well!




I have seen my midwife twice since the birth and we have one more visit at 6 weeks. I have been so touched and blessed through this whole experience and hope and pray that our testimony and witness to the midwives has been a blessing to them as well as they have been able to see how God faithfully takes care of His children and answers prayer! It's always such a blessing to be able to be used as an answer to prayer for someone and God is not limited at all in who He chooses to use to meet our needs! He never ceases to amaze me and how He answers prayer - it's mostly in ways we never thought of...but that's why He's God and we're not, Amen?!

Since Clint's birth, God has provided so faithfully for each and every need. As you read prayer letters of missionaries, you read of their many trials and victories. We have had many of both this last month and appreciate your continued prayers! Flat tires and car troubles, much needed donations coming from seemingly "nowhere", many new meetings scheduled every day and we are thankful for it all as again, we see the Lord meeting the needs in every direction. Living by faith and not by sight is not for the faint of heart, but it is worth every minute for the Lord's honor and glory that we are able to give to Him as we can give praise reports of His workings in our lives. If we had no "pinches" in life; no needs, we would never see His mighty hand so personally at work in our lives - that beautiful nail scarred hand.

Clint Iannello Haynes at 3 weeks


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Haynes Family Prayer Letter - October 2018

Senses Secured

Self Discovery