Did You?

And it came to pass, that, as he was praying in a certain place, when he ceased, one of his disciples said unto him, Lord, teach us to pray...
Luke 11:1


You know, when I was a teenager, my mother taught me a very important "little" lesson.
She told me that every time she heard a siren, she would pray for those involved in the incident, because it meant that someone was in trouble and need of help. Who better to ask to help those in need than the Lord our Helper?! 

Praying that if they aren't saved, that God would use this in their lives to bring them to Him and if they are saved that God would give them the aid and comfort they need at that time. You never know when one day that siren may be for you and you would be so grateful that someone was praying for you when you really needed it!

So, I too started to pray when I heard sirens and I would ask my mom when I heard a siren, "Did you pray, Mom?" Now I too have since taught my children to pray as well when they hear sirens. We are currently at our home church's prophet's chamber which is near a fire hall, so we hear plenty of sirens each day and my daughter Chloe will say to me now whenever she hears a siren, "Did you, Mom?" and smile with relief when I shake my head yes and say, "I did, did you?". Teaching your children to be aware of others and their trials and burdens is never taught to young, but they do need good examples of this to follow! 

Many times women who stay at home, feel that they can't minister as much as they would like, but what a great ministry tool to pray for those involved with those sirens! Pray that the officers have wisdom in dealing with each situation and those that go to jail, that someone will come and preach to them and they will get saved or get right! The opportunities to pray are endless, just be sensitive to those around you and you will see how many ways God can use you to minister and how much more time in prayer you can spend each day.

I heard some sirens today, Did You?

Remember them that are in bonds, as bound with 

them; and them which suffer adversity, as being yourselves 

also in the body.

Hebrews 13:3





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Haynes Family Prayer Letter - October 2018

Senses Secured

Self Discovery