Dear Worshiper: Christian Book Review


This last week I was asked to review the book, Dear Worshiper, by Rocky Dania. Rocky has a very sincere heart to want to worship and praise the Lord how HE is most pleased and you can easily see that in her writings. 



I was moved by her desire to truly move and motivate Christians today to take a true look at their reasons for worshiping God. She exposes the materialism of America and how it blinds the Christians here to their purpose for being here on this Earth. The topics that Rocky covers concern many of the anxieties that Christians face in their hearts, minds, families, communities, and personal lives...but she doesn't just stop there! She uses the principles of the Bible to reveal that our stability comes from meditating on God's goodness.
I like her "Self Analysis for Worship":
Create a self-analysis for worship using the 5 W's and 1 H formula: Who, What, When, Where, Why, and How. ● Who do I worship? ● What do I worship? ● When do I worship ● Where do I worship? ● Why do I worship? ● And how do I worship?

Why do you go to church? Are you truly praising the Lord with your life? These are all questions that make us take the necessary inventory as to the condition of our walk with the Lord and Rocky truly has us as her readers, get out the magnifying glass of God's Word and get a good look at where we stand. 

Honestly, something that I did not agree with doctrinally was written in chapter 11, regarding her use of speaking in tongues. Also, I believe the inspired Word of God to be the King James Bible, and Rocky references many versions of the Bible in her work, including the KJV.

Dear Worshiper was written out of inspiration by her own personal struggles and what the Lord encouraged her heart with. It is full of powerful and practical ways to connect or reconnect with God, even in the midst of life's trials.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Haynes Family Prayer Letter - October 2018

Senses Secured

Self Discovery