Runaway: A Story of Hagar




The story of Hagar in the Bible is one we all can in some way or another associate with in our hearts and lives. She finds herself away from all things comfortable and familiar in her life and in a very uncomfortable and foreign situation with Abraham and Sara, becomes pregnant for a woman that hates her and in the end meets her One True Love - her God that sees her and is with her through it all. One finds it hard to imagine all the many thoughts and feelings that went through Hagar's heart and mind; the pain she must have suffered and yet the joy to discover that Someone cared for her.

This week, I was asked to read and review a Bible fiction account of the story of Hagar. Since the Bible doesn't say very many details of Hagar's life, the author, Charles Millson, fills in the details with his vivid imagination. I was so drawn into the book, I felt as if I were there watching the whole story unfurl. It was vibrantly written and I truly enjoyed feeling part of Hagar's journey. 



If you enjoy fiction books, but still want something that is quality to read and yet spiritually and mentally stimulating, then I do recommend this story of Hagar. I must remind you, it is Bible fiction - yes, based on a Bible story, but fiction, just the same. The author did an incredible job with the unfurling of this intriguing story and you can tell that he truly tried to understand Hagar and put himself in her place. One of my favorite parts is when Hagar, rejected by her mistress, finds herself alone in the desert and at the end of herself. That's when she encounters God and He breathes new life into Hagar's reason for existence. 

If you too would like to enjoy reading
Runaway: A Story of Hagar, you can read a preview of it on Amazon before you purchase and it is also available on Kindle

And she (Hagar) called the name of the Lord that spake unto her, Thou God seest me: for she said, Have I also here looked after him that seeth me? - Gen. 16:13

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Haynes Family Prayer Letter - October 2018

Senses Secured

Self Discovery