Quit Supposin'

Here is another poem that I have in my little stash, and I have one more that I will share with you...but we will save that for next time!
This poem doesn't need any introduction, for its meaning, even though written in a "cute" manner, is quite clear and convicting as to our oft feebleness. I pray that this will help your perspective stay focused on God and His countless blessings!


"Quit Supposin'"

Don't start your day by supposin'
that trouble is just ahead,
It's better to stop supposin'
and start with a prayer instead,
And make it a prayer of Thanksgiving
for the wonderful things God has wrought
like the beautiful sunrise and sunset,
"God's Gifts" that are free
and not bought -
For what is the use of supposin'
the dire things that could happen to you
and worrying about some misfortune
that seldom if ever come true-
but instead of just idle supposin'
step forward to meet each new day
secure in the knowledge God's near you
to lead you each step of the way-
for supposin' the worst things will happen
only helps to make them come true
and you darken the bright , happy moments
that the dear Lord has given to you-
So if you desire to be happy
and get rid of the "misery of dread"
Just give up "Supposin' the worst things"
and look for "the best things" instead.

- Author Unknown
Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. 
Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid. John 14:27

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Haynes Family Prayer Letter - October 2018

Senses Secured

Self Discovery