The Apple of My Father's Eye



This is a poem that I wrote several years ago during a particularly difficult trial in my life. God has recently been teaching me a similar lesson but just in a different area of my life and He reminded me of this poem that was such an outpouring of my heart at that time and what I had come to adore about my Savior. So God gently whispered to me, "Remember what you wrote that you learned about Me?" Yes, Lord, I remember now and I will by Your grace, keep it in my heart. Today I share this poem with you, in hopes that it will encourage you too in your walk with the Lord. 

The Apple of My Father's Eye

As the apple of my Father's eye, 
there is one place that together we love to abide.
Hand in hand at His right side I walk with Him completely satisfied.

In times that my heart feels very frightened
at the pathway that before me He has enlightened,
It is then that I let go of my Father's strong hand
to hide my face from the direction of His I don't quite understand.

With many tears I know I must keep walking along
terrified though I may be,
but little do I realize where lies my greatest security.

Still questioning with many a fear,
I feel so helpless and no longer dear.
I cry out for my Father's helping hand,
but still I do not comprehend.

All along my Father was at my side,
and He had heard my every cry.
He wanted to carry me through this dark way,
but He couldn't as , long as I was from Him looking away.

As soon as my eyes cleared of my tears,
I caught glimpse of my loving Father's face so dear.
He then from my face took away my trembling hands
as He gently told me that on Him I could always depend.

I then humbly placed my hand back into His,
which seemed to fit so perfectly.
I realized that I no longer felt afraid of the road 
that had seemed to lay ahead so drearily.

For my Father is always with me at my side,
and now again with Him in joy and peace I abide.
I have learned that I should never hide my face in fear,
but ever go boldly onward hand in hand with my Father so dear.

~Isaiah 41:13~
For I the Lord thy God will hold thy right hand,
saying unto thee, Fear not; I will help thee.


-Justine Haynes



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Haynes Family Prayer Letter - October 2018

Senses Secured

Self Discovery