Arrival to Our Mission Field - A Day in the Making for 2 1/2 Years!


Dear Ladies,

 I'm so happy to report that we safely arrived in Italy today! Praise the Lord! We are so happy to be here and to get to work! I will keep you all updated as I can, but please pray that we find an apt. as we go to look at some on Friday! We borrowed the internet today from the missionary we are working with, so Rise and Shine will continue being sent while we are staying with them. Thank you for your prayers!

 Keep pressing on,
     Justine

Rise and Shine for Jesus! \O/     

By Pam Iannello

I remember when my children were younger, namely at the toddler stage, when they would struggle in their attempts to get along with one another. After solving the problem that developed between them during play, I would then send brother and sister back to what they were doing and say,  “Now love one another!” That is the memory I recalled as I was reading John 15:12…

“This is my commandment, That ye love one another, as I have loved you.”

When you think about it, it seems a strange thing to command someone else to love another person. How can love be extracted in such a manner? Have you ever had someone require love from you? Just as it was the rule for a member of our family, so it is the same rule if you are a member of God’s family! When do you struggle with loving others the way Jesus has loved you? How can you show love?

John 15:10a, “If ye keep my commandments, ye shall abide in my love…”

I can tell you from personal experience that it is extremely difficult to love others when I am not abiding in Christ! Showing love in any relationship quickly becomes a chore rather than a joy for me to carry out. At that point, I am directed away from others, not toward them. When I abandon the commandments of God, I even go so far as to avoid opportunities to exhibit concern for anyone but myself – and so do you!

Galatians 5:14, “For all the law is fulfilled in one word, even in this; Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.”

One of the biggest misconceptions we hold is that love is a feeling. However, it is not; love is an act of the will; a commitment to obey God in the way we relate to individuals. It would be better if the Lord didn’t have to make a law for us to love one another but unfortunately, the sinful condition of our hearts necessitates it. The Bible teaches us the best way to show our love is to treat others the way Christ treated us. What could be simpler? Would you say that is how you are displaying your love, dear lady? Would your husband and children say that you love them the way God does?

Song 8:7, “Many waters cannot quench love, neither can the floods drown it: if a man would give all the substance of his house for love, it would utterly be contemned.” 

God’s love is beyond measure – it knows no limits, even in the face of suffering. God’s love is eternal – it is permeated with security. There is never fear of abandonment. God’s love is forgiving - it is full of mercy, not revenge. It prompted Him to come to earth and search for lost people and save them. God’s love is sacrificial – it reaches out and pays dearly to draw others in. It is a love that gives up its own comfort so that others might receive love. God’s love is inexhaustible – it never tires or runs out altogether. Is this expressive of the way in which you are caring for your family?

Hebrews 10:24, “And let us consider one another to provoke unto love and to good works:”  

In closing, let me encourage you today not to forget the importance of exhibiting true love as you go about your daily duties! Don’t overlook those living closest to you – provoke them unto love by demonstrating it firsthand. Far too many family members are actively provoking one another to anger…That is not the way God would care for anyone! 

I have heard it passeth knowledge,
I believe what God hath said;
But the test is, do I prove it
As my daily path I tread?

Is it merely that I think it,
And accept what others say?
Does it fill my heart with singing,
Is it in me day by day?

What is knowledge worth that’s buried
Like a jewel in the earth?
If we know God’s love, our knowledge
Must live in us – giving birth

To a love that feels for others,
Looks upon them from God’s side;
Lord, just keep me in that knowledge,
Let me in Thy love abide! 

2 John 1:5, “And now I beseech thee, lady, not as though I wrote a new commandment unto thee, but that which we had from the beginning, that we love one another.” 

God Bless,
Pam
Isaiah 60:1&2
Copyright 2002 Pamela A. Iannello  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Haynes Family Prayer Letter - October 2018

Senses Secured

Self Discovery