From My Kitchen Window...

Well, we have moved into a new place for now! We found a lovely apartment in a medieval village up on a
hill. The view is breathtaking and from the picture on the right, you can see how it would make one feel closer to the Lord! We will stay here temporarily as it is quite a drive from church and costs about $8 in toll fees just to drive to church each time we go. But we are thankful that the Lord provided shelter, and a beautiful shelter at that! God is so good to us and He has quite a sense of humor! For instance, the mosquitoes in Italy are very bad and there are no screens on the windows. So as I was laying in bed the first night in our new place, I prayed for a mosquito net for our bed. The very next day, a dear sister in the church asked me, would you like a mosquito net? I just had to laugh as I shook my head yes and told her about the answer to prayer! But then, we went to Ikea here and got a few household essentials and I forgot an iron, so I prayed for one. Two days later, that same sister came to me and said, did you pray for an iron? I said yes ma'am, I forgot it when we went to the store. A lady that she worked with heard we just moved in and offered us her extra iron! I'm so very thankful we serve a kind God who in the midst of all the troubles in the world, takes time to provide me with a little iron!!!
Harrison went to Rome on Monday for an interview, but we haven't heard anything yet, so please pray that he finds a job ASAP and/or the Lord will burden the churches we went on deputation to to now take us on for support! The Lord knows how to best meet our needs and we trust Him. Also, we are praying for our Gypsy neighbors, that we can witness to them through their children that are the same age as our children. People here are very skeptical as to why Americans moved into this tiny village of 600 people, so we are praying that this curiosity will turn into open doors.
Will write again soon...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Haynes Family Prayer Letter - October 2018

Senses Secured

Self Discovery