First Sunday in Italy

What a blessing it was to actually be in our home church on Sunday! My heart was overflowing as I played the piano and heard the voices of the congregation lifted in praise to the Lord. The church family is comprised of people from all over the world; Philippinos, Africans, Hispanics, and Italians.
My brain felt like putty by the end of the day trying to speak and listen to another language all day. It was actually quite comical because one lady from Colombia, spoke her own blend of Spanish and Italian. I was certified in conversational Spanish a few years ago, so what Italian words I didn't know, I substituted for Spanish words and we talked that way for over an hour, laughing over our little situation and communicating just fine! Who knew that all that Spanish I studied for 2 years would be used in Italy?! :)
But the biggest thing that stood out to me throughout the day was the fact that God is not limited to any language - HE SPEAKS THEM ALL! He understands them all, created them all, AND can hear them all in prayer at the same time! What a blessing that we serve such a powerful and yet at the same time such a caring God to listen to us no matter where we are in the world and no matter what language we speak or the time zone we are in. Until you experience a situation like this, it seldom means anything to you. But it's now another side of my Lord that I appreciate and admire so much!
We have a praise report, that we did find a house in the village of Mandela and it's being painted over the next few days and Lord willing, we will be in by the end of the week. As soon as I get pictures, I will post them...until then please keep us all in your prayers for an easy/safe move into our new home. Thank you :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Haynes Family Prayer Letter - October 2018

Senses Secured

Self Discovery